A hostel is one of the places where it’s the hardest to make friends with even if you’re a friendly person in general. However, that in no way means that you can’t make any friends in hostels. In fact, you just have to keep in mind a few things and you can make friends as easily as in anywhere else!
I recently traveled to San Francisco for a trade show for my www.coverglasscal.com and i have the blessing to stay in a hostel and here are the main things that you might want to pay attention to might be summed up as follows:
- Being Friendly: Be friendly to people. If you go around appearing too busy or someone who doesn’t like to socialize, people might not always come up and socialize with you in a hostel. But if you’re friendly and sociable, that makes it a lot easier for both them and you.
- Keep up the Conversations: One of the main things that I learned the hard way is that dying in the middle of a conversation is one of the worst things you can do. You must learn to keep up conversations even if it’s hard, that makes you a lot more sociable.
- Find common points: There are several things to talk about- so don’t be hesitant to explore until you find something that you all have in common. In that way, it becomes really easy to hold a great conversation and to make new friends. Remember that people with same interests tend to stick together as well!
- Don’t be too prying: There are always some people who take some time to open up or don’t open up too much at all. That’s okay- learn to accept that and don’t try to force them. If you try to force people, that just sets you apart from them instead of bringing you closer, so that’s something you must always refrain from doing.
- Share experiences: If you have spectacular experiences to share, that makes it all the easier. Make yourself familiar to them so that they can relate and feel interested in talking to you. If you make yourself appear as a strange and mysterious person, then you might see that people are having a comparatively harder time socializing with you at the hostel.